PHPN Symposium 2017
The 2017 PH Professional Network (PHPN) Symposium, Navigating the Future: Individualizing Patient Care in the Face of Increasingly Complex Treatment Options, made the eighth biennial PHPN Symposium. Held on October 5-7, 2017 in Rockville, Maryland, the event was hosted by PHA and the PHPN, and was planned by the PHPN Symposium Committee. This committee was led by chair Michelle Cash, MSN, RN, APRN and vice-chair Martha Kingman, DNP, FNP-C.
- Quality Patient Care: It Takes a Team
Theresa Brown, R.N., B.S.N., Ph.D.
- Clinically Important Pulmonary Vascular Phenotypes Across the Current WHO Categorization: the PVDOMICS Project
Heidi Erickson, B.S.N., R.N.; Lillian Hansen, NP-C, M.S.N., M.Ed.; Franz Rischard, D.O., M.S.
- New Frontiers in Lung Transplantation
Pablo Sanchez, M.D., Ph.D.; Fernando Torres, M.D.
- Picture Perfect: Imaging in Pulmonary Hypertension
Christopher Barnett, M.D., M.P.H.; Ahmed Gharib, M.D.
- Two Decades of Change: A Look at How Far We Have Come and Where We are Going
James Klinger, M.D.; Maureen Seckel, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCNS, CCRN, FCCM
- CTEPH and CTED: Understanding the Spectrum of Thromboembolic Pulmonary Disease
Kim Kerr, M.D.; David Poch, M.D.
- How Long is This Going To Take? The Anticoagulation Debate
Robert Schilz, D.O., Ph.D.; Victor Tapson, M.D.
- PAH Jeopardy: How Do You Stack Up?
Amy Kimber, R.N., APNP; Abby Pops, RRT, CCRP; Robert Schilz, D.O., Ph.D.; Melisa Wilson, ARNP, ACNP-BC
- The Cath to Diagnosis: Right Heart Catheterization and Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring
David Booth, M.D.; Javier Jimenez, M.D., Ph.D., FACC; Amresh Raina, M.D., FACC
- A Tricky Mission for the PAH Clinician: A Case-Based Interactive Discussion on Prostacyclin Therapy Transitions
Rebekah Anguiano, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP; Laura Duvall, Pharm.D., BCPS; Kevin Kissling, Pharm.D., BCPS
- Baby, We Can Handle This: PH Associated With Lung Disease in Infancy
Jennifer Beier, RN, M.S.N., CPNP-PC; Emma Olson, M.S., R.N. C-PNP
- Breaking Bad: Methamphetamines and PH
Andrea Gergay Baird, M.S.W., LCSW; Nimi Tarango, R.N., M.S., NP-BC
- Comfort for the Messenger: Navigating Difficult Discussions in Pulmonary Hypertension
Rana Awdish, M.D.; Carla Pies, D.N.P., ARNP, ACHPN; Traci Stewart, RN, M.S.N., CHFN
- Early Screening and Detection of PAH in Patients With Connective Tissue Disease
Scott Visovatti, M.D.; Amber Young, M.D.
- Interpreting Statistical Data: Making Sense of the Latest PH Research
Trushil Shah, M.D., M.S.
- It's a Family Business: What Every Clinician Should Know About Heritable PAH
C. Gregory Elliott, M.D., MACP, FCCP; Lisa Wheeler, B.S.M.T.
- Making Every Breath Count: Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Oxygen Therapy
Tonya Zeiger, RRT, CPFT
- Physiologic Phenotyping of the Patient With Dyspnea and PH: Out of the Genome and Into Reality
Paul Forfia, M.D.; Fran Rogers, M.S.N., CRNP
- Please Wake Me: Nightmares in Pediatric PH
Daniela Brady, FNP; Delphine Yung, M.D.
- Short-term Use of Prostacyclin Analogs to Improve Surgical Candidacy for Patients with Pediatric Heart Disease
Elizabeth Colglazier, M.S., CPNP-AC
- The Hole Picture: Atrial Septal Defect Creation in the Pediatric Patient with PH
Russel Hirsch, M.D.
- The Liver-Lung Connection: Understanding and Treating Portopulmonary Hypertension
Hilary DuBrock, M.D., M.M.Sc.; James Runo, M.D.
- Virtual Patient Visits for Management of the PH Patient: Is Virtual a Reality?
Nancy Bair, R.N., M.S.N., APRN, CNS-BC
- Walk the Line: Benefits to Using Sub-maximal Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing as a More Comprehensive Approach to Care
Julie Tracy, M.Sc.
- We're All in This Together: Multidisciplinary Care for Complex PH Patients
Jaclyn Doyle, M.S., APRN, FNP-BC; Allyson Rupp, M.S.W., LCSW
- What's Old Is New Again: The Role of the Potts Shunt in Pediatric PH
Michelle Cash, M.S.N., RN, APRN; R. Mark Grady, M.D.
- What Else Can Happen, You Ask? Nightmares in PH
Scarlett Harden, M.S.N., ACNP-BC; Martha Kingman, D.N.P., FNP-C
- WHO Group 2 PH: A Retrospective
Kathy Galvin, ANP-C, CHFN; William Hopkins, M.D.