Course ID: 3037
Making Every Breath Count: Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Oxygen Therapy
Melisa Wilson, ARNP, ACNP-BC
Pulmonary Hypertension Program Coordinator
Florida Hospital Orlando
Tonya Zeiger, RRT, CPFT
Coordinator, Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic
Mayo Clinic Florida
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential components of a pulmonary rehabilitation program
- State how the components of comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation can meet the needs of the PH patient
- List the types of oxygen systems and delivery devices available for the patient requiring low flow to high flow oxygen. This includes viable alternatives for the outpatient who requires a high Oxygen (4-15 LPM) flow
- Formulate and express an appropriate plan of action for their patient's oxygen prescription based on their patient's necessary flowrates
- Differentiate between portable oxygen liter-flow requirements with portable oxygen concentrators (POCs), demand valve oxygen systems, self- fill oxygen tanks, continuous flow tanks and liquid oxygen systems
This continuing education activity provides continuing education (CE) credits for:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social Workers
- Other Related Health Professionals
2 March 2018
23 February 2020
Estimated Time to Complete this Activity
It is the policy of Professional Educational Services Group (PESG) to require the disclosure of relevant financial non-financial interests of anyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity. The faculty and planners of this educational activity disclose the following:
- PESG staff, PHA staff, planning and review committees have no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Melisa Wilson, ARNP, ACNP-BC has served on the Speakers Bureau for United Therapeutics Corporation, U.S.; Actelion Pharmaceuticals, U.S.; and Bayer Pharmaceuticals. She has also served as an Advisor to United Therapeutics Corporation, U.S.
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through collaboration between the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) and Professional Education Services Group/AffnityCE (PESG/ACE). This activity provides continuing education credit for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, social workers, and respiratory therapists, as well as a general participation certificate for other attendees.
- Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Professional Education Services Group designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 1.00 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Physician Assistants: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Professional Education Services Group designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 1.00 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physician Assistants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurses: CE for nurses is provided for this program through collaboration between the Pulmonary Hypertension Association and Professional Education Services Group (PESG). Professional Education Services Group is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). This enduring activity provides a maximum of 1.00 contact hour of nurse CE credit.
- Nurse Practitioners: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation standards of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group/AffinityCE and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 031105. This course is offered for 1.0 contact hour.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians: Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.00 contact hour for participants completeing all activity components. CPE UAN 0829-0000-17-410-H04-P (Pharmacists) and 0829-0000-17-410-H04-T (Pharmacy Technicians). Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. The cost to participate in these CE sessions is included in the registration cost for the activity.
- Respiratory Therapists: Professional Education Services Group is accredited as a provider of continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapists by the American Association for Respiratory Care. This Continuing Respiratory Education (CRCE) system of the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) grants approval for 1.0 hour for this course.
- Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886551225-9783) for Social Worker Continuing Education Contact Hours. Professional Education Services Group, provider number 886551225, designates this activity for 1.00 contact hours.
- Other Professionals: All other health care professionals completing this continuing education activity will be issued a Certificate of Participation indicating the number of hours of continuing education credit. This may be used for professional education CE credit. Please consult your accrediting organization or licensing board for their acceptance of this CE activity.
Instructions for Earning Credit
This activity is a self-study program. In order to claim CE credit, participants must:
- View the content, examine any images and/or multimedia features, and review the content presented within all of the links provided. Once the course has been reviewed in its entirety, participants will be directed to the CE processing center at http://pha.cds.pesgce.com to claim CE credit.
- Complete a post-test and evaluation online. All evaluation questions must be completed in order to receive a CE credit.
- Upon successful completion of the post-test and online evaluation form, you can instantly download and/or print your certificate of credit. Your CE records will be stored at http://pha.cds.pesgce.com for later retrieval at your convenience.
For all CE related inquiries, please contact Support@PESGCE.com or PHA Online University at (301)-565-3004.
©2019 Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 801 Roeder Road, Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD 20910.