The 2015 PH Professional Network (PHPN) Symposium, Setting the Pace in the PH Race through Education, Research and Advocacy marks the seventh biennial PHPN Symposium. Held on September 17-19, 2015 in Arlington, Va., the event is hosted by PHA and PHPN, and is planned by the PHPN Symposium Committee. This committee is led by chair Fran Rogers MSN CRNP and vice-chair Michelle Cash MSN RN, APRN.
Click here to view the thirty abstracts that were accepted for and presented at the 2015 PH Professional Network Symposium.
Click here to learn more about how to participate in the 2015 PHA Advocacy Day at the PH Professional Network Symposium.
- Setting the Pace in the PH Race: A PHenomenal Journey
Anne-Marie Alderson, MBA; M. Patricia George, M.D.
- Battling the Blues: Depression and the PH Patient
Anthony McGuire, Ph.D., ACNP-BC, FAHA
- It's a Small World After All: 5th World Symposium Review
Ian Adatia, MBChB, CRCP; Roberto Machado, M.D.
- Making Sense of the Numbers: Understanding Complex PH through Advanced Hemodynamics
Lillian Hansen, MSN, MS, MEd, NP-C; Franz Rischard, D.O., MS
- Turn the Beat Around: Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Michael Landzberg, M.D.
- CTEPH and CTED: Diseases that Hide in Plain Sight
Paul Forfia, M.D.; Fran Rogers, MSN, CRNP
- Here We Grow Again: Regenerative Medicine
Duncan Stewart, M.D.
- The Accreditation Journey: PHCC Site Visits
Traci Housten, RN, MSN; Abby Poms, RRT, CCRP
- The Great Prostacyclin Debate
Kelly Chin, M.D.; R. James White, M.D., Ph.D.; Melisa Wilson, ARNP, ACNP-BC
- A Cut Above the Rest: Coordinating Perioperative Care between Anesthesiologists and the PH Team
Traci Housten, RN, MS; Todd Kolb, M.D., Ph.D.
- As If! Don't Be Clueless about Managing the Teenage Patient
Daniela Brady, FNP; Anna Brown, MSN, CPNP
- Avoiding Infusion Confusion: The Safe Use of Infused Prostacyclins
Laura Duvall, PharmD, BCPS; Rebekah Hanson, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP
- Don't Be in Denial: Insurance and Disability Issues
Maribeth Duncan, MSN, ANP-BC; Sharon Jones, RN, MSN
- Every Breath Counts: When to Involve Palliative Care
Stephen Mathai, M.D., MHS; Allyson Rupp, MSN, LCSW
- Filtering Through the Facts: Portopulmonary Hypertension
Traci Stewart, RN, MSN, CHFN; Joel Wirth, M.D.
- Getting the Skinny on Bariatric Surgery
Michael Mathier, M.D., FACC; Sean Studer, M.D., MSc
- Keep Calm and Breathe On: Oxygen Use in PH
Tonya Zeiger, RRT, CPFT
- It's More than Just ABC and 123: Managing the Complex Pediatric PH Patient
Emma Olson, MS, RN, C-PNP; Stephen Walker, MS, CRNP
- It's Not All About the Lipstick: Women's Health & PH
Jane Devereux, RN, BSN; Myung Park, M.D.
- It's Not Just Water Under the Bridge: Fluid and Sodium Management
Richard Channick, M.D.; Sandra Lombardi, RN
- Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My! Nightmares in Pediatric PH
Russel Hirsch, M.D.; Patricia Lawrence, CPNP-AC/PC
- PH in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Deedre Boekweg, RN, BSN, CCRP; K. Akaya Smith, M.D.
- Squeeze, Squeeze, Squeeze: The Importance of Right Ventricular Function and PH PH in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Javier Jimenez, M.D., Ph.D
- The Hole Story: When to Consider Atrial Septostomy in the Adult with PAH
Barbara Prendes, MS, ARNP-C; Mark Rumbak, M.D.
- The Longest Mile: Invasive Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
David Systrom, M.D.; Jeffrey Voner, MPH, MSHS, PA-C
- The Use of Oral Treprostinil in Pediatric Patients
Susan Hancock, RN, BSN, CPN; Rachel Tkaczyk, MSN, CRNP
- To SNF or not to SNF: PH Therapies in Extended Care Facilities
Samuel Allen, D.O., FCCP; Jennifer Priziola, PharmD, BCPS
- Variety is the Spice of Life: Combination Therapy for PAH
Martha Kingman, DNP, FNP-C; Steven Nathan, M.D.
- What Goes Bump in the Night: Nightmares in PH
George Ruiz, M.D.; Crystal Weber, RN