Course ID: 3032
Breaking Bad: Methamphetamines and PH
Andrea Gergay Baird, M.S.W., LCSW
Clinical Social Worker
UCSF Medical Center
San Francisco, Calif.
Nimi Tarango, R.N., M.S., NP-BC
Lead Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Coordinator
UCSF Medical Center-Adult Pulmonary Hypertension Program
San Francisco, Calif.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review the epidemiology, prevalence and problem.
- Describe the relationship between methamphetamine use and development of PAH.
- Discuss treatment options, limitations & challenges in a patient population with drug addiction.
- Discuss the importance of a social worker's role in managing and caring for this population.
- Review relevant case studies.
This continuing education activity provides continuing education (CE) credits for:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social Workers
- Other Related Health Professionals
2 March 2018
23 February 2019
Estimated Time to Complete this Activity
It is the policy of Professional Educational Services Group (PESG) to require the disclosure of relevant financial non-financial interests of anyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity. The faculty and planners of this educational activity disclose the following:
- Andrea Gergay Baird, M.S.W., LCSW has no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Nimi Tarango, R.N., M.S., NP-BC has served on the Speaker's Bureau for Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc. She has also served on the Advisory Board for Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc. and Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- PHA and PESG Staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers, have no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through a joint Providership Agreement between The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) and Professional Education Services Group (PESG). This activity will provide continuing education for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, respiratory therapists, and social workers. All other health care professionals completing this continuing education activity will be issued Certificate of Attendance which may be submitted to accrediting organizations or licensing boards to meet CE requirements.
- Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Professional Education Services Group designates this enduring internet CME activity for a maximum of 1.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Physician Assistants: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Professional Education Services Group designates this enduring internet CME activity for a maximum of 1.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physician Assistants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurses: Professional Education Services Group is an accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides a maximum of 1 contact hours of nurse CE credit.
- Nurse Practitioners: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation Standards of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA). Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 031105. This course is offered for 1.0 contact hour.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians: Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE UAN 0829-0000-17-400-H04-P (Pharmacists) and 0829-0000-17-400-H04-T (Pharmacy Technicians). This activity provides 1.0 contact hour (1.0 CEUs) of continuing education credit. There is no cost for this activity. Your record of completion will be reported directly to the CPE Monitor.
- Respiratory Therapists: The Continuing Respiratory Education (CRCE) system of the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) grants approval for 1.0 hours for this course.
- Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers for 1.0 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
Instructions for Earning Credit
This activity is a self-study program. In order to claim CE credit, participants must:
- View the content, examine any images and/or multimedia features, and review the content presented within all of the links provided. Once the course has been reviewed in its entirety, participants will be directed to the CE processing center at http://pha.cds.pesgce.com to claim CE credit.
- Complete a post-test and evaluation online. All evaluation questions must be completed in order to receive a CE credit.
- Upon successful completion of the post-test and online evaluation form, you can instantly download and/or print your certificate of credit. Your CE records will be stored at http://pha.cds.pesgce.com for later retrieval at your convenience.
For all CE related inquiries, please contact Support@PESGCE.com or PHA Online University at (301)-565-3004.
©2018 Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 801 Roeder Road, Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD 20910