Course ID: 2971
Pulmonary Function Testing in Pulmonary Hypertension
James P. Lamberti, M.D.
Respiratory Care Services
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
This continuing education (CE) activity provides CE credits for:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Respiratory Therapists
- Other Related Health Professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the role of pulmonary function tests in the evaluation of a patient with pulmonary hypertension
- Classify pulmonary function test abnormalities as obstructive or restrictive
- Define the typical abnormalities of pulmonary function in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension
11 August 2017
10 August 2019
Estimated Time to Complete This Activity
As a provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), it is the policy of Professional Educational Services Group (PESG) to require the disclosure of anyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity. All relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests and/or manufacturers must be disclosed to participants at the beginning of each activity.
- James P. Lamberti, M.D. has served on the Speaker’s Bureau for Janssen Pharmaceutical and Boehringer Ingelheim. Conflicts were resolved by peer review of activity content.
- PESG staff, PHA staff, planning and review committee members have no financial or non-financial interests to disclose.
George J. Vuturo, Ph.D., RPh.
Chief Compliance Officer
Professional Education Services Group, LLC
Janice Agazio, Ph.D., CRNP, RN, FAANP, FAAN
Assistant Dean for Doctoral Programs and Ordinary Professor
School of Nursing
The Catholic University of America
CME/CE Project Director
Professional Education Services Group, LLC
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through a Joint Providership Agreement between the Pulmonary Hypertension Association, Inc. (PHA) and Professional Education Services Group (PESG). This activity will provide continuing education for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, respiratory therapists and other health care professionals.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Professional Education Services Group and PHA. Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Professional Education Services Group designates this live internet CME activity for a maximum of 1.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- CE for nurses is provided for this program through collaboration between PHA and Professional Education Services Group (PESG). Professional Education Services Group is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). This activity provides a maximum of 1.0 contact hours of nurse CE credit.
- Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 031105. This course is offered for 1.0 contact hours.
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Professional Education Services Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program will provide a maximum of 1.0 contact hours for participants attending all conference CPE activities. UAN 0829-0000-17-077-H04-P/T. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- The Continuing Respiratory Education (CRCE) system of the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) grants approval for one (0.10) hours for this course #148631000.
Instructions for Earning Credit
This activity is a self-study program. In order to claim CE credit, participants must:
- View the content, examine any images and/or multimedia features, and review the content presented within all of the links provided.
- Once the course has been reviewed in its entirety, participants will be directed to the CE processing center at: http://pha.cds.pesgce.com
- Select the activity: OU: Pulmonary Function Testing in PH (Enduring)
- Enter an email address and password to begin setting up your profile. Select “I Forgot My Password” if you need to reset the password you set up.
- Verify, correct, or add your information.
- Proceed and complete the activity evaluation for each session you attend.
- Upon completing your evaluations, you can print your CE Certificate. Your CE record will also be stored here for later retrieval.
- The website is open for completing your evaluation from 11 August 2017 through 10 August 2019.
- After the website has closed, you can come back to the site at any time to print your certificate, but you will not be able to add any evaluations.
The information presented in this activity reflects the views of the faculty only and not necessarily those of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA), the sponsors or the educational grant providers. All participants should verify the information and data presented before treating patients or utilizing any therapies noted in these materials. No portion of this activity may be reproduced without the expressed written consent of PHA.
For all CE related inquiries, please contact Support@PESGCE.com or PHA Online University at (301)-565-3004-x771.
This activity is made possible through unrestricted educational grants to the PHA Medical Education Fund from Actelion Pharmaceuticals, US; Gilead Sciences, Inc.; and United Therapeutics Corporation.
©2017 Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 801 Roeder Road, Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD 20910